View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
yorkiemom67
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New member from Portugal

Hello everyone. I am new here and so glad to have found this forum. I have 3 yorkies which are my life. I have in total 10 dogs, 6 birds and a few rabbits. I seem to collect all strays and somehow particularly attracted to birds in distress. One of my yorkie babies had two puppies on Sunday evening but unfortunately one did not survive. They were both born breech but the second puppy had breathing problems. I tried everything to help him, from sucking his secretions, rubbing....I ( we ) tried it all until I decided that a trip to the vet might help. I think this was my worst mistake. From the start it all was wrong. The vet placed his limp body on the cold table. Without weighing him, she proceeded to inject an amount of adrenaline which I think was far too much. Not happy with that she injected him with cortisone. Once again a guessed measure. Well ten minutes after getting home, the puppy was dead. It was very sad for all of us. Roxy, the mother, keeps searching for it around the house. The baby girl is very tiny, born with 50 grams , and had some problems latching on to the mother to feed. I had to help out and still have to suplemente with the motherīs milk in a syringe. I was up all night feeding it every 1 and 1/2 hours and by morning she seemed much better. Her weight is up to 60 grams. I have Roxy and the baby with me 24/7 to keep an eye out for them. Peanut, the dad is so excited. I will post some photos of my angels as soon as I figure out how.
yorkiemom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!