View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FureverLexi View Post
So you are saying that she is not reputable? She's been doing this 30 years. She has produced dams and sires that are champions. I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me... I wasn't asking if my breeder was reputable.
Non reputable breeders breed for a long time and many say they have champions. Many of the breed standards and even champion dogs have health issues. I thought that she might not be reputable after you saying there were multiple litters. Keeping puppies until 12 weeks is extremely important and it is a red flag. Reputable breeders will follow all the guidelines from the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America (ytca.org). I’m sure you are still going to do what you are going to do so I have a few recommendations. Get pet insurance that covers genetic issues as soon as you get the pup while there are no pre existing conditions. You also need to read about the issues pups taken from their mom to early experience and how to handle them like they could refuse to eat, the change could be very hard on them, socialization things Mom teaches them about, bite inhibition, potty training issues, and they are more likely to develop separation anxiety. I have searched the Virginia, Maryland and DC areas multiple times for a reputable breeder and there are few to none. I’m sure your not going to want to listen to us when we are very experienced in this. Maybe you could talk to your breeder about keeping the pup until 12 weeks.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!