View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #15
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
Yeah, we certainly can’t compete with the rest of the country this year! I’ve grown to love the cold, but I certainly wouldn’t expect to find it in Florida!

Interestingly, Eddie has never embraced the process of getting ready for a winter walk. He hides when he sees me going for the booties! But since I’ve always felt walks are important, I chase him down and dress him up. Once he has the clothes on, he stops hiding and walks toward the door and has a great time on the walk.

I do admit to going easier on him as he’s gotten older. He goes for walks 2-3 times a week at age 13. And the walks aren’t as long if it’s especially cold.

Oh, and dressing for the cold is a family affair! I still ride my fat tired bike five miles each way to work!
LOL, Jackson runs away from me too when he sees the sweater. He hates it. But once he knows there's no choice, he helps me dress him by lifting each paw into the leg holes. ha! He's fine with it on once we're outside and I think he appreciates it in temps we've been having this week.

Lola HATES her coat too but she even hates putting a harness on. I can't figure it out because we've always done positive things when these items come on.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!