View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
Ghost writer
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty51 View Post
We just adopted our male pup Teddy from Sara’s Yorkies, Duncan, BC And I would not recommend her to anyone. When my husband and I went to pick him up, she would not let us see him until we gave her the rest of the money for the pup in cash. We had recently lost our female dog Kitty, a retired dam also from Sara’s Yorkies. We had her for ten years.When we got Kitty she was very distrustful and skittish. She had ear mites and was very fearful, would bite if startled. It took her awhile to adjust but when she did she was the sweetest dog we have ever had. We brought her everywhere with us, on holidays to California and plane trips and camping. She slept in our bed although Sara said she never would.
She passed away last September and we were heartbroken.
I don’t know why I wanted to adopt another yorkie from Sara but I guess I was looking for a connection to Kitty.
The second day we had Teddy we noticed he was scratching at his neck quite a bit. I checked him for fleas, ear mites etc but did not find anything. The third day Friday he seemed to be sleeping more then a puppy should. I felt a lump on the left side of his neck. The fourth day Saturday he was lethargic, listless and would only eat when I fed him by hand. On Sunday morning he had a fever. I emailed Sara and told her about it. She said give him a half a baby’s aspirin. So I did that. It helped the fever but he still seemed to be going downhill fast so we brought him into emergency. The emergency vet said she was very concerned about the lump on his neck and wanted to aspirate it for a sample to send to the lab. When those results came back to our vet he was very concerned and was leaning towards a diagnosis of acute lymphoma and that would mean Teddy had only weeks to live. We were in shoc as was our vet.The lab had requested a Complete Blood Count to be sure. We brought Teddy in for that.Those results came back and this time Teddy was diagnosed with Puppy Strangle which required him to be on antibiotics and prednisolone for two weeks eventually tapering him off the prednisolone. I believe Puppy Strangle is very rare in Yorkies.Teddy is recuperating nicely and his prognosis so far is good. The vet bills so far are 800$ and counting. I kept Sara abreast of what was happening and even gave her permission to speak to the vet which she did. I asked if she was willing to help with some of the vet bills. Her response was “I have never paid a vet bill for a canine I don’t own.” That wasn’t the point.
Anyway to add to this she told me she had 2 male pups available born on September 26 when I first enquired and was keeping one back for breeding. We picked out the puppy we wanted and paid her half.She knew we would be away in Europe before we picked up the pup. During this time she put ads up on Kijiji for the other puppy and the one she said was keeping back. Later she had ads up for 2 female puppies also born on the 26th September but she never told us about them. She has since pulled all her ads off Kijiji.
Did I mention we bought Teddy for ourselves as a Christmas present. Some Christmas! Also at one point she gave us a later date to pick up Teddy because she said they were progressing a little more slowly then she had expected. Teddy is suppose to have a tattoo on his leg. I could not see a tattoo. When I enquired Sara said that sometimes the tattoos fade. Kitty had her tattoo until the day she passed away.
Anyway the important thing is that Teddy seems to be fine now and that the best part of this story. He is so cute, cuddly and lovable. Caveat emptor when it comes to Sara’s Yorkies. I feel so sorry for the dogs she has.
Your story is a little all over the place. So I just wanted to clarify somethings.
1. When you first noticed the lump why did you wait before taking him to the vet?
2. You said you asked her if she was willing to help with some of the vet bills and when she declined stating she never paid a vet bill for a dog she didn't own you claimed that wasn't the point. Not sure what you meant, what wasn't the point? the fact she only pays for her dogs or were you just trying to test whether or not if she would try to help with the bills?
3. It sounds like you're not sure if you got the puppy you paid for based on ads she had advertising puppies she had for sale. Did you ever question her and ask if she was trying to sale your puppy Yorkie puppies look alike so it's very easy to mistake them for one another.
Ghost writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!