View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
FureverLexi
Yorkie Talker

Default Singleton concern- old newbie, new baby

Hi everyone,
It's been about 3 1/2 years since I last posted. My username and profile picture are related to my sweet angel Lexi. She was a rescue with an amazing disposition but significant health problems (likely a puppy mill baby), and she succumbed to what the vet believed was a brain tumor on 9/30/17, at 8 years old. My hubby and I miss her so much and so do her cat and dog siblings.

We have put a deposit down on a new Yorkie puppy who is a singleton. I have no issues with behavioral problems because we will face them head on. We have visited the new baby and we were very impressed. The breeder is professional. This puppy is from a champion show line and the breeder had about 7 Yorkies the day we visited- 5 1/2 weeks- (including a 16 week adolescent). There seemed to be no issues. His weight seemed to be spot on. He had a beautiful coat. The dogs are bred for health and temperament. The puppy played well with all of the adults and the 16 week old, and was very sweet. We will pick him up in 3-4 weeks with a health guarantee. And she has retired the father who is 7 years old (he has already been neutered).

As I said, we will deal with behavioral issues if there are any, such as biting and aggression. I believe the breeder has done everything she could to make sure this puppy thrives and he is! But what I have not been able to determine (I didn't ask enough questions at the visit) is, are there any long term health issues related to singletons, once they have been successfully weaned? Thank you in advance. I'm so happy to be a part of this forum again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!