View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Service dog stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylsMommy View Post
depending on your state...some recognize ESA dogs other only recognize service dogs....service dogs must be individually trained to perform at least 2 tasks or type of work. I researched this before choosing my new puppy as in wisconsin ESA is not allowed but service dogs are.
That 2 task requirement is not correct. I train service dogs professionally. There are some schools that are trying to push that as a requirement. The only requirement is the dog be individually trained to mitigate a disability.

There is NO requirement as to:
who trains said dog.
what the dog must wear....example mobility dogs must wear black harness and leads.There is NO statement in fedral law as to what must be worn.
there is NO requirement as to size or age of a service dog....just that it mitigates the disability.

With a letter from therapist/physician it is ILLEGAL for any landlord to charge a pet deposit. This is fedral law. You can check this out at your regional hud office. This is for any cat/dog/hamster/guinea pig/etc. BUT the letter is required on letterhead with the medical reference number and doctor/therapist signature. Just checked by calling Forth Worth yesterday [29 Dec 2017] due to a problem a client is having. Will be able to get it stopped on Tuesday for him.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!