View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #23
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I guess I just see an emotional support dog as a pet so that is simply why I felt it was discrimination against someone who has a mental disability. Like say I went to a breeder and bought a puppy and I have depression and that puppy brings me joy then I would think it could be used as an emotional support dog (but I don't fly so I wouldn't require a great traveler). But I guess if you are a big traveler it would take more in-deep knowledge of the dog or puppy you are wanting to get. A lot of puppies adapt and can be trained to be good travelers but there are some who never will so I could see the issues. Say you get the pup and it doesn't travel well but you needed it to and it didn't so you get disappointed or get rid of the pup. It's not as black and white as I first thought it my head. To know the the personality or a dog would make it more suited for that. Like Callie would be a great one but Joey not so much because he barks as lots of things and would be loud. If I upset anyone with my other post I apologize I definitely see the other side of it now.
No worries Taylor....you didn't say anything upsetting. I understand how you came to the conclusion you did ...
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!