View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #12
Hollen
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Congrats. Tiny Yorkies can be healthy if bred right but the fact she came with a cough would make me wonder a bit about the breeder. She will probably fill out a little more. I rescued my youngest at 8 months and she was 10 pounds then and is now 12 pounds. I can’t really help with precautions to take and stuff because my smallest is 10 pounds. When getting her spayed though I would make sure to do pre surgery blood work, make sure there is a heated operating table, that they put an IV cath in and that they do fluids. All those are pretty important for small breed dogs.
Thank you for the reply! Yes, I have questions for the “breeder” as well. Like I said, Cookie has a long history- she came to me through a dear friend who is a dog rescuing addict. She, through another long story, had Cookie and several siblings that she was rehoming, but also willing to keep if she needed to. Cookie has CKC “registration papers” and vet documentation for vaccines. I never intended to get a dog. My 17 year old Chihuahua baby just died in November- it broke my heart. But when we saw Cookie, we just knew she was supposed to be our dog. I can’t explain it. If I had intended to get a Yorkie, I would have researched, found a quality breeder, done it right. I have an English Budgie with more illustrious lineage than mine. But she’s our girl. We know she may have some serious health issues, and we are fully committed to caring for those as they need it. She’s our girl.

The vet visit went great, except... she appears to be up to two months younger than reported on her “papers.” Her baby teeth are still coming in. Big surprise, right? I’m actually kind of thrilled, though- I’d love to see her hit that 5lb mark, or somewhere up there, for the sake of her health and fragility! 6 months old means more growing time, maybe. We’ll see- we’ll love her if she’s a dinky Yorkie or a porky Yorkie.

She’s on an antibiotic for her cough- her trachea looked great. They will run the blood work and liver test before her spay. She wants to wait to spay her until her canines come in so we can see if they will need to be pulled or not due to retention, so maybe another 2 months.

We bought out the pet supply store of chew toys and pink princess beds. I even got a Yorkie mug. I’m in trouble
Hollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!