Thread: Yorkie Weight
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd0main123 View Post
I am getting a Yorkie that is 17 weeks and weighs 1.6 pounds. The breeder says that she will be around 2 lbs. But the mother is 4.5 pounds and the father is 5 pounds. She was the smallest of the litter. What do you all think?
Hi Neighbor! I live in Georgia as well. Congratulations on your new addition. There are many Yorkie Growth Charts on line and they serve as an educated guesstimate at best. It is difficult at best to calculate the adult weight of a pup because so many factors come into play - of which genetics is the most important. Not just mom and dad, but including generations before and then the meshing of the two genetic lines. It gets really complicated and then some pups just don't "follow the rules' and either are really tiny or super sized.

So using the charts it's about following the growth pattern from birth. According to a couple of charts I looked out if your pup weighed approximately 2.75 ounces at birth and now, at 17 weeks weighs 26 ounces her adult weight should be in the neighborhood of 2.5 lbs.

Hope this helps!
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!