View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
We have parts of the house where only the cat is allowed to go: the basement, and a bedroom where we keep her food and litter box and a bed she can sleep on. (We put up small barriers that Bella cannot jump.). That seems to relieve some of the pressure.
I forgot to mention that we also keep Bella in a crate on the nightstand at night, so the cat has complete run of the house at night and sleeps on the bed with us sometimes. During the day when they are both in the same room, there is an uneasy truce. The cat has her own special place on the back of the couch in front of the window, or she crawls under the blankets of the bed upstairs during the day, and Bella spends most of her time with us. Only rarely will the cat take a swipe at Bella, or Bella will chase the cat out of the room. The cat is much bigger than Bella and could clean Bella's clock if she wanted to, so the cat is very tolerant. Bella will often go up to the cat to sniff her, and the cat rolls her eyes and looks like she's thinking, "You're such a child." If I don't see the cat for a while, I will look for her so I can spend some quality time alone with her and pet her so she knows she's not forgotten. I think that's the best we can expect. I hope you are able to work out some kind of truce between your two animals.

Last edited by pstinard; 12-26-2017 at 08:04 AM.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!