View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I had a similar situation except it was with two cats. I have Zoey for 10 yrs when I got a kitten. The kitten was too much for Zoey and as the kitten got bigger, he became more aggressive towards Zoey. It had gotten to the point where Zoey would not leave her room (the safe space I set up for her) and she was eating very little. She was afraid to walk around in her own house. She walked very cautiously and very low to the ground always waiting for an attack from the much bigger and more agressive male cat who was neutered.

I was never able to stop him from being aggressive with Zoey and eventually had to give the cat to my mom who took care of him until he passed away. At the time I couldn't afford a trainer and I am pretty sure they could of help. I would check into getting a trainer as well.

It's obvious that giving one away isn't a option but if a trainer can get Piper to leave kitty alone, it would be worth the money. I wish that I could of keep Julius but my mother who was also a cat lover took excellent care of him and he lived a life of leisure until he passed away shortly after my mother did.

Within one month (after she was sure Julius was gone), Zoey returned to normal and was back to her old grouchy self. And then I got my first rescue yorkie. Fortunately for me, Brandi had no interest in Zoey. They only time when they got into "arguments" was if they both wanted my attention at the same time which was very rare. Other than that, they had this nice comfortable tolerance towards each other. They weren't bonded or best friends but at least they weren't always fighting.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!