View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 01:16 AM   #2
airplane
Senior Yorkie Talker

I would suggest maybe hiring a well qualified professional trainer to help with that situation. If Alice is a social, sweet, playful cat who is now hiding 23/7, then there’s definitely a big problem because it’s starting to affect her from being her normal self.

It kinda seems strange to me because when my dogs first met a cat it was like a big deal and going nuts type of thing, but 5 minutes later the excitement and novelty of meeting a cat wore off and everything was fine. And in future meetings with cats they’re totally fine and it’s just kinda like meeting and being around another dog for them. I would imagine that Piper’s intense drive for Alice would subside after them being around each other for such a long period of time. It just kinda seems weird to me that that hasn’t happened.

I would hope that, with the help of a trainer, you could develop a training program that will help Piper with Alice. I know that with lots of training dogs can change a great deal. I’ve seen it. A fearful dog can turn into a well-adjusted dog. A loud dog can become a quiet dog. Etc. Etc. It might take a lot of dedication to training and maybe a little while of time, but I think a good training program is probably one of the best approaches to the issue you’re dealing with. An insightful and experienced trainer will probably know why Piper isn’t losing that crazy drive for Alice, and will probably know how best to fix that issue.
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!