Thread: Proin Dosage
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Susan78
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
You can check out the Proin dosage guidelines on their webpage: http://prnpharmacal.com/wp-content/u...Proin-FOI2.pdf . They recommend .91 mg/pound twice a day, so what you are giving Kinder is about right. According to the side effects list, seizures are very rare. There are other, more common, side effects, all of which can be easily monitored. The most common are hypertension (high blood pressure), emesis (vomiting), weight loss, proteinuria (protein in the urine), anxiety, and lethargy (tiredness). I would definitely have the vet monitor the blood pressure from time to time, and maybe have a urinalysis done as well. The other common symptoms you should be able to see yourself and tell the vet about.
Thanks so much for the great information. We came out to Arizona and I wanted to get a second opinion. The new vet told me like Lady Jane did that it was an awful drug it causes cancer. Yesterday they did a bloodtests and everything turned out great. I gave her her heartworm today and tomorrow I may start the Proin otherwise do it the day after Christmas. Thanks again and you have a Merry Christmas. Susan
Susan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!