Thread: RIP Kobe
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #15
W4KSL
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesMommy06 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my second account on yt; when I first got Kobe, my username was kObEwObE, but I lost all the credentials and opened this account.

On Nov 21st 2017, I woke up and found that Kobe had passed away. I was shocked and in denial at first, because I was frantic and I kept calling his name hoping he would wake up. Luckily my Mother has been there for me, because I cant even function right now (I don't even know if what I'm writing at the moment is for this subforum). Since the moment I've found him, I've cried nonstop. My eyes are raw and puffy. Every time I think I feel better, I burst in tears again.

Kobe just turned 11 years old 11/10/17 and he had a collapsed trachea. He was on meds and was doing pretty good. The night before he started coughing a bit, but after all he calms down. I said to myself that if he was still coughing in the morning, I would take him to the vet. So as you could imagine I have a ton of guilt about that as well.

I literally feel like a piece of my heart has disappeared and will never be restored. I've had Kobe since he was 8 weeks ago. He was like my baby. He was there during my undergraduate degree, first apartments, traveling, boyfriends, heart breaks, loss of friendships, etc.

I've always known how much I loved him, but I guess the pain that I am feeling...I wasn't prepared. And I'm scared that I will never feel happy ever again.

Sorry for the long rant everyone...I just needed a place to vent. Thank you.
Your tragedy is similar to ours. Our baby boy was 10 years old when he died suddenly this past Monday. (11-27-17) His name was Max :'( he also was fighting a collapsed trachea. He was diagnosed with the trachea in 2015 but his coughing really began around 4 years ago about the same time he had a few teeth pulled. Like you we are devastated over this loss. It seems like a bad nightmare and we've been crying for 5 straight days. Max wasn't a dog to us he was our little kid. What happened with max started on Monday. He was restless and walking around trying to find a place to lay down. He'd find a spot and lay for a few seconds then get up walk around again. He kept doing this for a little while but we didn't think much about it because he does this from time to time. He was still drinking his water and using the bathroom. He looked uncomfortable but he never looked like he was in pain. Since he had the collapsed trachea he would cough throughout the day but Monday evening his cough sounded a little raspy and he started breathing a little faster. We thought his coughing overexcited him a little and he needed to rest and catch his breath so we put him in my lap to get petted but he wanted down. After I put him down he clawed at my wife's recliner and wanted her to pick him up to sat with her. She picked the little guy up and he laid there about a minute but then he wanted down again. My wife said we may need to take max to the vet mark because he's restless. So we planned on to taking him in the morning to find out what's wrong but just a few minutes later while he was on our couch he stood on the edge of the cushions and started panting faster than normal and wanted down. I sat him on the floor and as he started to walk toward my wife he collapsed and fell over. His eyes never shut or blinked and he stopped breathing. I heard a slight gurgle sound come from his nose area. We kept trying to revive him but I know he was gone. His poor little legs made a couple of jerks and that was the last of any movement out of him. There was a pool of clear liquid mixed with blood under his head when I picked him up. my wife thought it came from his eye but we aren't sure. It may have came from his mouth. When I picked him up he was like a very limp ragdoll. I wrapped him in a towel and rushed him to the emergency vet but he was gone when we got there. I don't know what officially happened we didn't stay at the vet to find out we were crying so hard once they said he's gone we just walked away in tears. Took him home and made him a coffin at 1 am in the morning. It's been one big horrible nightmare since that day. Life is not the same now. Christmas will never be the same again. It's very very lonely in our home. I know exactly how you feel and I'm so very sorry you are having to deal with this also.

This is my first post here and I apologize if I should have posted a welcome somewhere else. Under different circumstances I would have posted a little introduction.

Thanks mark
Max was our baby boy
W4KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!