View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #18
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyoutful View Post
Thank you for the link to Dr Tobias. My little Olie just started having seizures this week. He has a bladder stone. We go see the Vet in the morning. He's over 10 years old now. We acquired him about 2 years ago and he had the bladder stone when we got him but didn't know it. We don't have the funds for him to have surgery and at his age it kind of scares me anyway. He hasn't had any issues up until now. He had 2 seizures today and the last one was quite a long one. He is up running around and acting like himself except he always barks and kind of cries when his daddy comes home and tonight he got very excited and wagged his tail and waited for him but didn't bark. Also, when the alarm goes off that lets us know someone is in the yard, he barks like crazy. He didn't bark at all. I'm a bit concerned. I can tell he's a little uncomfortable also. He keeps getting up and moving around a bit. It took him a long time after the seizure this time for him to finally be able to settle down. Usually after his seizure he will walk all around the house over and over. Today he did that about an hour before he could rest. usually doesn't take that long. I do use a cold towel when he has a seizure so he doesn't over heat. I am so attached to this little guy and he's been the best little doggie. I just hate to think this is the end of his life. I hope I have better news tomorrow at the Vet and I pray he doesn't have another seizure. I don't know if he could take it or not.
My Teddy Bear was 8 when he had his liver shunt surgery...he also had bladder stones removed at the same time:

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...ver-shunt.html

Perhaps you can get funding from somewhere. Or, you could apply for Care Credit and make low or no interest payments....that is IF surgery is necessary.

Good luck at the vet...please let us know how Olie is.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!