View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #26
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckyyorkie View Post
Today has not been so good. My baby feels so bad and been so restless. Called the emergency vet but he says I’m doing everything I can. He suggested to take him off food 24 hours and hold water 6 to 8 hours. The diarrhea has gotten worse. He says he can recover but I’m so worried.
If this is indeed pancreatitis, I am beginning to think he needs to be hospitalized for IV fluids. One of mine just this past week spent two days on IVs which I haven't posted here. Usually that is the way pancreatitis is treated. It takes a minimum of 2 or 3 days of IV fluids usually!

I am wondering too, as was asked, if a cPLI was done. The number you mentioned sounded more like the vet is going by lipase and amylase. Here is some information about the cPLI test:

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-p...tivity-in-dogs

I just thought that your vet didn't suggest it because perhaps your pup's numbers were not that high but they very well may be...and maybe higher now.

I honestly don't know how a vet could say you are doing all that can be done if he didn't see him and examine him!! He needs to be seen if he is this sick!! If this is a large amount of diarrhea, he could be dehydrated. Make sure to check his skin...if you pull up on the back of the neck and it is slow to go back into place, he is dehydrated! Also, you can touch the upper gums...just lift his lip and touch...they should be moist.

I, too, am beginning to be concerned....
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!