View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #13
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiesyrky View Post
I am sorry your poor baby has this disease. My boy had a mild bout around five years ago and was treated by the vet for the acute stage with immediate success.
Since then I have followed the vet's advice and only fed the
Hills ID Low Fat Prescription diet, with no human food at all except perhaps a small amount of cooked and mashed veggies now and again. He eats the kibble only and if he seems a bit off color I feed him the canned for a while. So far he has been very healthy and is now nearly nine years old. I agree that the ingredients aren't what I thought were proper for a dog, but the food works so well for him and he loves it, so I continue to feed it to him.
Dogs, like humans, react differently to food and perhaps this diet does not work for all. But in our case it has been a perfect food. The only issue I have is that the food does not seem satisfying for my dog and he seems to always be hungry, so I tend to fed smaller amounts more often.
So that works here and I guess you have to try what works for your dog or cook a special diet.

Yes, you do have to feed more of the food. I found mine was losing weight...once I added extra food, she was fine.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!