View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

No they are not the same breed. A Biewer is a breed of its own and a yorkie whether it be a parti, gold, or standard yorkie color is still a yorkie, a breed of it's own. If your little gal's mother is a parti yorkie and dad was a biewer, what you have is a mixed breed, she is not pure Biewer, but still a beautiful lil baby. Biewers are fairly new, not many breeder's in the states, that's why I was curious why anyone would mate a pure bred Biewer with a yorkie regardless of the color of the yorkie. The Biewer terrier was recently accepted by the AKC to be shown in the toy breed terrier class. Like I have stated, the question that you asked I cannot answer, it all depends on the genetics of the male, the yorkie, generations back if there was standard color in his genes, a standard color yorkie could be in a litter of parti or golddust. Another question out of curiosity, why do you use the term "golddust Biewer".
My understanding is, a Biewer terrier is just that, a Biewer terrier, colors are white with black and tan/ brown. If your lil gal has more tan, gold, fawn color that could be from the parti side.

Last edited by matese; 11-12-2017 at 08:07 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!