View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #11
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Sorry, YT was down when I was trying to update last night.

They ended up pulled SIX teeth. I️ wasn’t expecting that. She said it sounds like a lot but for a little dog it’s not really and he still has his main teeth. They were just the 6 lower incisors. She said the bone was just not very strong -- the teeth were hanging on by a thread anyway once she scraped all the plaque off them. They do x-rays first so they could see. We are starting him on a supplement to help support bone for the future but she said the rest of his mouth didn't look too bad. His canine teeth were all strong and his back teeth.

They didn’t even look THAT bad to me but I guess they got pretty bad ... yikes. This solidified that it was worth it to do though even if it caused him and I️ all this anxiety. And I’m sure he’s going to feel better.

This is my fault from slacking - I had basically stopped brushing (or doing anything extra- besides some chews like dentastix here and again which probably barely do anything) over a year ago because I got lazy. Amazing how quickly the plaque etc formed. :\

But he's fine, he was great when under anesthesia they said (he just fought it so hard... they said he took so long to go down because he fought the medicine so hard!) but his heart rate, blood pressure, etc, were all good.

He was insanely whiny all night once I brought him home (I dropped off at 830am and picked up around 5pm) and I do recall that from the last time he was under. He was like staring at the wall and totally stoned LOL!! He woke up this morning still making a few moans and groans so I did give him 1/2 Tramadol. He seems to be 90% back to himself though!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!