View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #36
cnaff
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Are you a vet? Are you anti circumcision? We could go on and on but My cat is awesome and happy. She doesn't walk funny and enjoyed teasing and playing with my other dogs I used to have. I disagree that it's cruel, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Getting rid of a cat who is a member of the family is cruel in my opinion, particularly because I know my cat's psyche and physical health is completely normal. I've had many cats during my life (only my current cat, age 14, was declawed) and see absolutely no difference in quality of life between her and my previous clawed cats, so yes, I know from experience that sometimes declawing is necessary and think people have blown the whole outrage thing out of proportion. What did upset my cat was the claw caps we tried before declawing. I live with her, you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
So you're saying that bc things are around for decades that means they aren't cruel...? Slavery was around for decades too. Beating women was once allowed by law, for decades. And btw, in many parts of the world, tail docking is actually BANNED - we in the US are wayyy behind the times in terms of that barbaric practice.

And I don't mean this in a snarky manner - but how on earth could you possibly know that your cat "has never missed her front claws" -- ????

In this day and age, there are so many things one can do in order to avoid declawing a cat - so I'm really disappointed to not see more people taking advantage of those options. The shelter where I volunteer never advocates declawing and hasn't for years and years. And the people in my life who own cats always use alternative methods to declawing.
cnaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!