View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #42
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
I have been practicing for 30 years and have many patients who have taken xanax and never became addicted. I have also had many patients who came to me addicted and could not get off of them. Just because some one takes a drug that has adggdictions potential does not mean everyone who takes it becomes addicted. That is not opinion, that is clinical fact.

I tapered Cali’s xanax because she was getting better and it is ridiculous and poor practice to give a mediciantion that is not longer needed. She was never addicted.
I am not questioning your credentials. You told me you are a MD..and also a NP and have your PHD. I didn't say any of your patients became addicted . The discussion is about using Xanax in dogs and as I stated above....I would never take it OR give it one of my dogs. I am not saying it is wrong for a person to use it...I am merely stating what I know about this medication. I always share what knowledge I have so people can make their own decisions for their pups.

I am merely responding to comments on this thread about a drug that is well known to have dependence issues.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!