View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
Cheryllynn
Yorkie Yakker

Default Regurgitating/Blue dog food/ Help

Penny had been eating blue dog food since she was a puppy. She is now 4 1/2 years old. She started developing G.I. issues a few weeks ago. She has not eaten blue dog food for two weeks now.

The first time we took her to the vet because she was pacing at night and needed to be let out to urinate. We thought it was a bladder infection. This was the second time she had been treated for a bladder infection the first time was a little over a year ago. She was given anabiotic's. She did seem to get a little better after this. But then began regurgitating after being given the anabiotic.

Her symptoms returned but this time she had blood in her stool and diarrhea. We took her to the vet immediately. The vet said the first anabiotic might've been too strong. We fed her chicken and rice and things got better very quickly. It was at this visit I told the vet she was being fed blue dog food. The vet said that might've not be the best food to give her. The vet recommended giving her chicken and rice for a week. The vet did recommend some other types of dog food, but now I just don't trust dry dog food. She had been fed just dry food and I left it out and she ate when she wanted.

I have switched her over to a raw food diet after a week of chicken and rice. I did introduce the raw diet over a few days mixing it with chicken and rice. She does not seem to be adjusting to just the raw diet food.

Yesterday when my mother came over she got excited and then regurgitated food. Today someone knocked at the door she got excited and regurgitated food. I do not think she is vomiting.

She does not seem to have any other symptoms beyond the regurgitation right now. She goes for walks and acts normal. Her nose is wet and cool and her eyes look normal.

I am trying to find something to feed her. I would make her dog food from scratch but I'm not sure what exactly to give her? I don't think just feeding her chicken and rice would be the best thing but have no idea what else to do.
Cheryllynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!