View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:29 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

What a precious little baby. When ever I bought home a new baby I just bought her in and set her down, my older ones would take a sniff and head for the hills (the sofa) lol. Bring her in and just watch your two older ones, chances are they will not stick around the new puppy, it can take weeks or months before they will accept this new kid and interact with her. Make sure your older girls have a safe haven, a place they can be away from the puppy. Babies are pounce in the face nippy furballs, something your older girls are not use to. Do not force your older ones to be friends with the new kid, let them approach her on their time, their terms. Always supervise them, never leave the puppy alone with your two girls. Make your older ones first for everything, first to have their food bowl set down for them, first to get their treats, first to be greeted when you come home, first to be pet. They will come around in time, just do not force the friendship. The will become BFF. I had a pack of 3 females, all 3 years apart, my older girls were very well socialized with other dogs, animals and ppl. They were gentle, sweet girls but it did take them 6 weeks or so to stay on the floor with the wild child.

Last edited by matese; 10-20-2017 at 02:32 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!