View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #6
Rex318
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Update on Rex and Grade 4 Luxating Patellas

The other partner in the practice called me late Wednesday evening and explained we had other options. Unfortunately, during the original consultation, it was presented as a surgical only situation. We've since seen the other doc and she's put him on pain and anti-imflammatory meds which have already helped reduce his pain and he's mobile again. We're waiting on blood tests to make sure his liver and kidneys can tolerate these meds long term. If that's the case, we can do physical therapy, acupuncture and/or laser to help him strengthen the muscles so he doesn't injure his back and hips. I'm so thankful this practice has both a surgeon and a doc that doesn't think cutting is the only answer. I'm hoping this 20 day trial on meds will have a significant impact on him and we can proceed to PT and whatever other methods are necessary to regain his quality of life. My main concern is his pain. I wish the little bugger was more cooperative about meds, he'll have supplements and meds to take for the rest of his life.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!