View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
yougetthesmiles
BANNED FOR NOT MAILING PRODUCTS PURCHASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enikuo
I am getting my puppy in about three weeks and I need advice! I’m reading all these books about training, nutrition, and so on and I’m starting to feel like I’m bringing a little alien into my home. I think I can handle it. However, as you know, most of the information I’m reading is generic.

I noticed the thread about “greenies,” how they are addictive and how some of you are switching over. That made me think “maybe there are other warnings veteran yorkie owners can share with a newbie like me” - you know, stuff that’s not going to show up in a book.

FYI - I did a lot of research on breeders until I found one that checked out. I am getting health insurance on the little tyke, I have a vet, and I do have a schedule for walks and feeding. I am, as they say, trying to do it by the book. With that said – what else should I know that isn’t in the “book?”
It sounds like it to me you will do just fine! I'm a newer yorkie mommy as well and I read a few books, but mostly I just took it day by day and everyday I learn something new about her. She is so much fun, I love being with her, wish I could bring her to work with me, but my meanie boss says not till she is potty trained LOL
I guess that is the biggest thing I'm dealing with right now, she is hard to train.
yougetthesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!