View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:45 AM   #1
Rex318
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unlove My Sweet Boy Rex - Luxating Patellas

A doc visit on Monday confirmed my worst fears, his luxating patellas are grade 4. He rescued me on 3/18/14 and our first doc visiting revealed the problem. At the time, I didn't understand that I had options that would help minimize what we're going through now. How I wish I could turn back the clock.
Today my sweet boy is sleeping in his bed and looks totally normal. When he tries to stand or walk though, it is evident that his little knees are out of place. He doesn't appear to be in pain but I know that can and will change quickly. At this stage, surgery is the only option. Given the severity, I don't think it's in his best interest to put him through that. He's about 8-9 now and has not been in a crate since we've been together. He would be in pain, miserable and confused. I wish there was another way but there isn't.
I've made the heart-wrenching decision to monitor him until he shows visible signs of pain and then help him cross over peacefully. I'm dying inside at the thought of losing my baby but love him too much to inflict more pain on his little body.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!