View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

You have two threads going on the same topic, you must stick to one thread, I responded on the other thread where very little info. was given.

For starters, was this pup ever trained basic commands.
Was this pup taught who was in command or was she just left to be the boss.
How long have you been in this pups life.

When a dog is on their back they are very vulnerable, you holding her down put her in defensive mode therefore the bite. If no training has ever been given to this dog she must now be re-programed to know who is in command. At age 7 this will take some work and lots of tender patience. Being in command is a full time job, not to be used every once in a while, dogs need a leader and if there is not one, they become the leader.

Why do you think she "needs" to be petted just because she wants to be near your or her momma, yorkies are ppl dogs, they like to be and some even "need" to be close to their humans, but not necessarily want to be petted, just want to be close to you. My boy will sit next to me and press his butt into my thigh, he needs that closeness, but he doesn't always want to be touched by me, he just wants the body contact comfort.

If you know there are parts of her body she does not want touched why insist on touching her there unless it is absolutely necessary. It sounds like she has lost trust in you, and it is now up to you gain that trust back.

New moves on animals are very stressful, all that she was familiar to her is gone, she now has to adjust to many new things, smells in and out of the home. You will need much tender patience with her and give her extra TLC until she adjusts to her new home. If she just wants to sit or lay beside you let her, don't pet her.

Has she had a recent vet check to make sure these areas that she doesn't like to be touched there is no pain there, has she had her teeth looked at to make sure there is no infections there. If not I would start off with that, get a clean bill of health on her then start working on the biting issues.

Last edited by matese; 10-07-2017 at 05:35 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!