View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #30
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonbaby View Post
The fact this his skin his back to its normal color in every area aside from a small tiny spot tells me this likely wasn't a bruise. So, not to be dismissive of the concern of this community, but if it wasn't a bruise I am not going to assign that kind of blame to my sibling or my nieces and nephews and I actually DO want to know what exactly happened.

This is a weird stance to take, because if it was a RASH and NOT a bruise then it is important to know that the vet didn't know what he was talking about and THAT MATTERS

and to know that my puppy could be allergic to something or have been having a bad reaction to a bug bite. Remember in my initial post I mentioned seeing an area that looked like flea dirt and a bump in the same general area and the vet didn't investigate this at all. All of these factors are important. Pics on how his chest looks basically normal now are in the next post.

Bruises do not completely clear up in 3 days. Bruises tend to be tender. This looked like an angry red rash to the naked eye and I will not "forget" the vet or "forget" about trying to figure out what happened because it could happen again.
Looked like a bruise to me. Your pup...your call. All I can do is offer what I think is a sound suggestion....

I have SERIOUS doubts that any vet would not know the difference between a bruise and a rash.

You seem to want to be in a position of defending what happened so you can feel good about leaving him there again. I get that it might be convenient; but, if it were me...not a chance in that hot place. Again...your call....your pup

BTW not all bruises are tender. I am a registered nurse...not that it probably means much but I say it was a bruise.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!