View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 01:48 AM   #23
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I honestly don't think the walking is the thing. Kids play rough.....it's normal. I just would never chance it. I thought you had said 5 lbs...but yeah, 9 isn't a whole lot different.

If the parents have not figured out what happened, I don't think you will either. Just be thankful you have gotten a warning. I have seen dogs with fractured limbs...and have seen some dropped who died. Children really don't mean to harm as a rule...but, they just do not understand. They want to pick them up...hug them, smother them...many of them end up getting bitten and the dog ends up being labeled a "biter". I don't mean to sound harsh about children....some really DO know how to handle little dogs but in my experience it is a rarity. My granddaughter LOVES dogs...but I would never leave her with mine. Actually one of mine did bite her one day. The other problem is that children run as I mentioned before and are not looking for a small dog underfoot.

I am glad your pup is ok!

I have to totally agree with this AND with what Linda said earlier as well.

Ya know, we as adults *MUST* remember that kids' frontal lobes/brains are NOT YET finished developing. It's just a fact. This means, they simply cannot be capable of making decisions like adults are. They can be overwhelmed by emotions - sometimes those emotions can feel like they want to "smother" with love (similar to what Linda said), but they really end up hurting the animal, seriously. They go too far. They cross limits with animals.

Kids cross limits with animals and sometimes they can't really help it. This is why you don't really leave small animals in their care.

That bruise, in my opinion, is NOT explained properly - is NOT normal *at all* - and is HUGE. If this were one of my dogs, I would be crying over this, bc I know it would've been very painfully obtained, VERY. I would never, ever be leaving my dog in their care again. Something happened to this dog in their care that should never have happened. My guess is that they had this dog in the harness and may have been dropping this dog from a height or something, with the harness on, for fun .

I'm glad he is okay, but am very sad that something traumatizing probably happened to him, poor guy.
Save
Save

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!