View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
moosie's mom
And Mimi's too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimraff View Post
Hi all,

I have a 6-year-old Yorkie who was recently diagnosed with kidney failure. She has been healthy her whole life until this past week or two. Where we noticed some weight loss and progressing lethargy. Over the weekend she stopped eating completely so off to the vet we went and were shocked to discovered such bad test results. :-( She is currently hospitalized on iv fluids.

I have been searching the internet for anything that could help and wanted to reach out here to see if any of you are or were in the same boat. What worked for you what didn't? What should I look for? Dietary and supplement recommendations etc. I have found various products on the internet with some great claims but am not sure what to believe or not. I do not want to get sucked into some scam offering false hope.

This has come out of nowhere and she is so young. :-(

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Kim

Hi Kim~~~ I know you you must be devastated. We certainly were when Moose was Diagnosed last May.

I am attaching my thread that I started.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...y-failure.html

Moose takes Epakitin (phospours binder) with every meal and Azydol (probiotic) twice a day.

We tried switching his food to a Renal/kidney RX diet. He would not eat it at all. He went from 19 plus lbs down to 14 lbs. He is now back to 15.5. He
is eating "primal raw" diet. His labs are much much better and stable!! Plus he is back to his ol self!

Kidney disease is a roller coaster ride. Good and bad days. If you are on Facebook, there are several really good informative canine kidney disease support groups. You should check them out.

I know how you feel, I will keep you and your fury in my thoughts and prayers.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!