View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

First of all - my deepest condolences on the loss of your goldie and a huge congrats on the new upcoming addition.

This is a really tough question. A lot just depends on genetics. I have two female yorkies. Both share genetics from the sire - Lacie's sire is Lollie's grandsire. Trip and Jack are both well known for producing sweet tempered offspring. Lollie's dam was a fighter - in fact that is one of the main reasons my neighbor would up with Maggie - the breeder was rehoming her because of her temperament. She was bred to preserve the good qualities in the line with a sire who had a tendency to produce good temperaments. It worked - Lollie is a beautiful representation of the Yorkshire Terrier breed with an excellent disposition.

Moving forward - Lollie is definitely NOT bad tempered, however occasionally she will get snippy with Lacie. After she championed, I retired her and she had two litters prior to being spayed. Lacie is a sweet gentle soul. Her dam was a sweet bitch, and bred to a sire who produced sweet a sweet temperament - a winning combination.

It has also been my personal experience that females were less likely to be aggressive towards a male, but if your female mastiff is a gentle soul, then I would only worry in as much as a small pup can be really silly and get on an adult dog's last nerve.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!