Thread: Itchy puppy
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #21
jackidevaney
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I think it honestly has to do more with genetics. I think it’s just the rabies shot that is the same amount for every dog and since that is the law until people start doing studies and fighting it nothing can be done about it. Even dogs who get minimal vaccines these days have issues. I think it has more to do with our environment.
I have a friend who has a tiny Chiwawa puppy, only 4 months old. Had her first puppy shot, had a bad reaction, swollen up etc. I don't remember all the details but I do know that when it came time for the second shot and they told the vet what had happened with the first one she said that she was very tiny and that it was too big a dose for her so they cut down on the dose. I have another friend that had a very bad reaction to a puppy shot. I just know that we won't have any more shots unless we know they are not vaccinated. And that would take a titer test from what I understand. I talked to one vet and it is not the law that you have to vaccinate for anything but rabies. So I guess each owner has to make their own choices.
jackidevaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!