Thread: Itchy puppy
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #18
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
I agree with you. We tried everything we could to help her and realized that we had to do something to help her even if it somehow shortened her life. She couldn't live her life like that. Thank God the Cytopoint was available. We had an acquaintance tell us that his dog got a shot once a month for itching that worked great and it just so happened that I remembered seeing the poster for Cytopoint in the vets' office. So it worked out good for us. I just wish she didn't have this problem and I am pretty much convinced that it is caused by the vaccinations. I know they have to be vaccinated, and I believe that many vets are realizing that pets can be over vaccinated. Just think of the fact that a little 3 pound or less, puppy gets the same amount of serum in the vaccines as a Great Dane puppy! That's a fact unless the vet realizes that is a PROBLEM! We have had dogs for over 50 years, that were minimally vaccinated and have never had one with the problem Gabi has. And Gabi is a well bred, AKC registered dog, absolutely not inbred as her dad is from Kentucky and her mother from Spain! I find it all interesting and very heart breaking, actually, that she has this problem. And I am astonished to learn that so many other pets have the same problem. There has to be a reason and many vets have figured it out. Preacher Jacki, that's me!
I think it honestly has to do more with genetics. I think it’s just the rabies shot that is the same amount for every dog and since that is the law until people start doing studies and fighting it nothing can be done about it. Even dogs who get minimal vaccines these days have issues. I think it has more to do with our environment.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!