View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 04:23 AM   #1
Jfero
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default I don't know what to do, yorkie is acting strange

I have a 2 lbs, 4 years and 9 month old Yorkie, up until this past week he's lived a normal dog life, despite being an extreme runt (every vet I've taken him to has told me that he is the smallest fully grown dog they've ever seen)

so this past week he had been having totally liquid poop, like it might as well have been pee coming from his butt, so I make an appointment the vet but that same morning he goes hypoglycemic and completely limp, very scary he was a rag doll and I rushed him to the ER, 3k later what they determined was that he had a random stomach bug, and his blood sugar was nearly zero, he had nearly died..

based on the tests they determined that everything was normal except he did have low protein values on his liver test, they said that it isn't complete liver failure but he does have liver dysfunction, and will have to be on "hills precipitation liver diet" for the rest of his life..

Now it's been about 5 days since hes came home and he's doing alot better, but I'd say he's at 70% of how he was in the past

despite me hand feeding him throughout the day to keep his blood sugar up he still seems to be a bit more lethargic since before, he also has his tail down more often, and something new that he's started doing is sleeping in random places he never would before, he has a cushion he sleeps in everynight but since he's comeback from hospital I find him in random places that he would never sleep in before, like instead of sleeping on his comfy cushion he went under my bed and slept on the hardwood floor (that is not him at all, he always prefers soft things to sleep on)

at this point I don't know what to do I'm scared to leave him home alone for more than 3 hours, at what point do I determine if he's just being lazy (because he's always been a little on the lazy side) and when he's hypoglycemic?

Sorry this is so much info Im just feeling so lost and don't know what to do
Jfero is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!