Thread: Probiotics
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #12
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
My vets have recommended them for Tibbe for years but I was skeptical. After being on the supply (Lisa)lisaly shipped to us to try for only a few days, Tibbe stopped taking Cerenia - at least once a week, diarrhea ANY time he foraged in the yard or grabbed a bit of even plain saltine cracker off the kitchen floor - a cracker piece would give him 2 days of GI upsets from retching, nausea, listnessness and diarrhea. After being on probiotics, he grabbed a bit of bread(a past for-sure GI upset) off the floor and NO issues, though I was ready with the Cerenia and K-pectin. Tibbe took maybe two total Cerenia tabs last year, has had one this year but that was only for retching - didn't even throw up and K-pectin has been needed. Since he's been on probiotics, though he forages as before, no more tummy issues!

Probiotics work for Tibbe. I cannot say it's coincidental - they work for him and have changed his life. We haven't been to the vet for tummy issues since Tibbe's been taking probiotics. He's a different dog since Lisa sent us some to try out. Course if they gave him diarrhea, I wouldn't use them either but for Tibbe, they help big-time.
We tried ones from the vet and three other ones and they made her gassy and have diarrhea and everything else. My mom had the same issues when my dad pushed her to use them. I don't think they work for everyone.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!