Thread: Probiotics
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #11
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I tried several ones with Callie and all of them upset her stomach and made her have diarrhea. I personally don't think probiotics are all that they are chalked up to be. I also tried them for myself and it did nothing for me.
My vets have recommended them for Tibbe for years but I was skeptical. After being on the supply (Lisa)lisaly shipped to us to try for only a few days, Tibbe stopped taking Cerenia - at least once a week, diarrhea ANY time he foraged in the yard or grabbed a bit of even plain saltine cracker off the kitchen floor - a cracker piece would give him 2 days of GI upsets from retching, nausea, listnessness and diarrhea. After being on probiotics, he grabbed a bit of bread(a past for-sure GI upset) off the floor and NO issues, though I was ready with the Cerenia and K-pectin. Tibbe took maybe two total Cerenia tabs last year, has had one this year but that was only for retching - didn't even throw up and K-pectin has been needed. Since he's been on probiotics, though he forages as before, no more tummy issues!

Probiotics work for Tibbe. I cannot say it's coincidental - they work for him and have changed his life. We haven't been to the vet for tummy issues since Tibbe's been taking probiotics. He's a different dog since Lisa sent us some to try out. Course if they gave him diarrhea, I wouldn't use them either but for Tibbe, they help big-time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!