View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #6
sweety
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hello, I have a 11 & 1/2 mon. little female Yorki. We took her in to be spayed at the age of 6 Months. The vet called us aprox. 2 hr. later & told us that she did not want to do the surgery because she felt it was to risky. When Pixie's blood work came back, the vet said that her A.L.T. 's were sitting at 150. Then the vet said she suspects Pixie may have a liver shunt. She went back for another set of blood test 3 mon. later but her A.L.T.'s were still high. Does anyone know what is the normal A.L.T. no. even are cause I'm wondering if this might be low for a liver shunt or really high. The vet put her on a medication called ' Zentonil'. She takes 100 mg. every morning. She goes back in Oct. for another round of blood tests but we are praying her numbers are now lower so surgery is not reccomended because there is no way we have the funds to pay for it. My Husband & I just can't see how she can be sick because she has no other symptoms besides the blood work. I'm just wondering if other people that have had experience with this, could explain what kinds of things they have experienced with their dog & what advice I can get of how to help her. She is on Royal Cabin Media cal dog food that the vet put her on because it is low in protein. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
sweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!