View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 AM   #8
goldenray
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheska's Bella
I've been having alot of potty problems w/my now 13 week old. After posting a few threads, I've received some helpful hints that seem to be helping.

Four days ago (after being super frustrated w/accidents!!!) I got rid of the puppy pads and litter box.

I began taking her outside (right away in the morning), she'll automatically poop and pee (having not gone all night). I bring her in to eat/drink and play a little (about 20 mins), take her back out and she pees again. I bring her in and crate her for 20 mins. If she's quiet I take her back outside (she'll usually poo/pee) again and then I bring her in for some play time. After some rambunctious play time (usually an hr or so) I take her back outside to pee (praise and reward lavishly each time she goes) and then bring her in and crate her (w/treats) for a while so I can shower/get dressed or whatever. Immediately upon getting her out of the crate, I take her out (she may or may not go), if she doesn't go, I re-crate her and then try again later.

This seems to be working really well and we've only had two accidents (my fault) since we started this 4 days ago. I'm fortunate to be home all day right now to train so it helps.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I was so frustrated a few days ago, and this method seems to be working.

Hope you find a method that works for you!
You are doing everything perfectly. Consistency is the word with lots of silly praise. By silly I mean stand there and act like a fool over them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!