View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog View Post
How did that happen?
One night my cat would not leave my mom alone. When my mom was ready for bed, my cat would not stopped walking all over her and licking her face. My cat was the kind of cat that could only tolerate us humans for small periods of time. So this was extremely unusual behavior for her. My mom even put the cat out of her bedroom but the cat would still not leave her alone meowing and scratching at the door. Finally my mom got up out of bed to see why my cat would not leave her alone. She thought our cat was sick as she was over 13 yrs old but a few minutes after her getting out of bed, the fire broke out. Had it not been for my cat, my mom could of been trapped in her bedroom.

We found out that it was an electrical fire and my cat could smell the smoldering smoke but my mom could not. My mom was home alone on this night. I came home to fire trucks. I remember this very well. We had to move in with my uncle for awhile until our house was renovated.

My mom was able to grab the cat and a robe to get out of the house. Only a few months after, my cat passed away. We had her for 13 years and she was not the friendliest of cats but for some strange reason the only person she got a long with was my mom. Miss Lizzie was a such a grouchy old cat but we loved her....RIP Miss Lizzie

Last edited by yavenay; 09-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!