Thread: Canagan
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #9
Snoopy2017
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayleighL View Post
It is important to leave her on the food the breeder has her on. I assume the breeder has chosen a high quality puppy food. If after you have her you and your vet determine that the food is not meeting her nutritional needs then you can decide what's lacking. There are ways to add foods to supplement, too. Changing a yorkie's food is no small things they are very sensitive. I used the ebook from Yorkshire Terrier Information Center | All About Yorkies. I have seen others recommend Yorkies for Dummies.

Enjoy your preparations!
Dear BayleighL, I appreciate your concern but I don't think that I need the book Yorkies for Dummies. Actually I feel a bit offended by your suggestion because....we've had 3 Yorkies, one was 18, the other 17 and the third was almost 12. He had a heartproblem nobody knew about, even the Vet didn't until he died very suddenly.
So, during all those years I learned a lot about Yorkies.
About sensitivity....the 1st York (I'm talking about the '80), ate the same things we did, never, really never I've been to the Vet with him and he was 17 when he died because of his age, he wasn't sick, we didn't put him to sleep, he died natural.
The last one (18 years of age) was sick last year and had to spend some time in the hospital because both of his lungs were infected. The doctor subscribed prednison for the rest of his life but I gave him chinese herbs instead, especially made for dogs. He never ever was short of breath again.
So...doctors don't know everything and breeders either.
The only thing I wanted to know was if there's anyone who feeds their puppy Canagan and if yes, what experience they have, that's all!!
Snoopy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!