View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 03:33 AM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Oct. 1, 2013 I had to send my 17 yo girl to Rainbow bridge, it was sudden and devastating for me. My entire world just stopped, all I could do was cry. At night I could hear her breathing, heard her nails catching in the carpet, heard her little breathing signs when she slept. I couldn't function, couldn't drive, I had such a pain in my heart I thought I would have a heart attack. 6 weeks later I was still in the same, in pain, crying, the house was so empty. Then my vet called, they just rescued aa 2 1/2 yo little boy, he was surrendered. She wanted me to come and see the dog. I didn't want anymore, I have lost several yorkies and it doesn't get easier. But to appease my vet for thinking of me I went "just to see him" all unplanned I came home with him. He needed me but I needed him more. Caring for this little guy and showing him he was safe and gaining his confidence took my mind off my suffering, but I cried everyday and when I did my little boy was right there snuggling and kissing me. We are a team for 3 years now, but not a day goes by that I don't think about my girl and cry for her. My boy rescued me, I was in a very dark place, he filled that empty hole in my heart and made my house a home again. My girl will remain in my heart forever, just as little Kenzo Jr. will. I know the pain you are going through and my heart bleeds for you. It will take time for you to heal, and in time you can look back at all the good times you and kenzo Jr shared. Stay strong, you have been in my thoughts and prayers (((hugs))).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!