View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #15
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I brought home Casie because I think a second dog does add value to Scottie's life. Even if he seemed to hate her a lot at first. Dogs love company and I just couldn't stand leaving him home alone every day when I went to work.

When they're home now, all they do is sleep. But just knowing someone else is around is comforting. I didn't want Scottie to be home alone and depressed. Hehe..
Not to mention, Casie has the energy to play chase and steal toys with Scottie a lot better than I can.

I do think the older they get, the harder it may be to become accustomed to a new pet at home. I would assume it's just a matter of time though. With your case, it seems your Yorkie has always been in the company of other pets, so it shouldn't be a problem!

**So excited for you that you adopted your new baby! I would also take them out for a first walk together. I also did the slow transition when bringing Casie home. I monitored them a lot before letting them spend time together under my supervision. Enjoy this fun time!!

Last edited by canana; 08-31-2017 at 08:17 AM.
canana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!