View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I can understand that you'd want Coconut with you around the house after you're home. It's good that she's learned to use the potty pad while you're out too!

Have you been able to figure out how many hours she holds her potty in between each time she goes? If it's something like 3-4 hours, then after you see that she's just gone potty, you could let her out for ~2 hours and put her back into her play pen.

When she's with you around the house, I would tether her to you and not give her free-running range. I found having a long leash tied around your waist works well. Or also, if you have a carabiner, you could clip it to your pants. Basically, when you keep her close to you, there's less chance she'll sneak in a pee when you're not looking.

Slowly, give her more time out of the play pen once she has no accidents. Then slowly give her free-range access, in restricted rooms wherever you are. Then, slowly give her access to more running around space.

Basically, they need to 'earn' access to your home, when they can prove to you that they have no accidents, otherwise, they're enticed to mark.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!