View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Default Tinkerbell is at the vet...

Too much going on here. I thought Tink had been poisoned... Two other dogs in the neighborhood have come down with mysterious illnesses within the last 3 weeks. She was fine yesterday morning, then around noon I gave her hw/flea stuff. By 3pm she was lethargic and not acting right. I checked her gums, they were white. Called DH and got her to the vet.
Tinkerbell had trouble even walking and was going into shock... Very critical. Her tummy filled with fluid, vet did an X-ray and drew some fluid out of her abdomen, turned out not to be blood. Opted to do some in-house blood work... RBCs< Platelets< Hematocrit< All very low. Vet wanted to do a blood transfusion and keep her overnight, he already had her on IV fluids. We left her there not even sure she would make it through the night.
The vet called first thing this morning... Tink is doing better. He thinks she has Evan's Syndrome. Basically an autoimmune disease that destroys red blood cells and causes anemia. She'll be there at least 2 days. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!