View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Secret Another idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybobb View Post
Hi. I have a little bitty girl, who is under 1 lb. at 10 weeks of age. I don't breed for tinies, both parents are at least 5 lbs. She has been getting supplemental formula almost since birth due to her diminutive size. All siblings are now weaned but her. She is sassy and playful and eagerly laps up formula, but when I try adding rice cereal, or putting anything (including chicken) in her mouth she violently spits it out. She will lick at chicken, or other foods and gets excited, but refuses to allow anything inside her mouth that she may need to chew. Any suggestions? I've tried boiled chicken, rice cereal in formula, baby weiners, canned food, softened kibble, crushed kibble. She just is very hard headed.
I was telling another friend about your pup and she said to make a pate out of what you want to feed her. Then add that to the milk by 1/8th teaspoonful, put in a saucer and place it where only she can get it so her sibs and parents don't push her away. This is what she starts all her newborns on when they need extra help or are orphaned. She no longer breeds yokies (does still do rescues) but has in the past bred yorkie and GSDs. She said this usually works best if you start with something you know for certain she seems to be interested in.

Last edited by 4OC; 08-18-2017 at 06:33 PM.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!