View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #12
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Congrats! You will love her so much!

I got my first Yorkie over 2 1/2 years ago. He was a 9 year old male who had been kept in a small corner for years. He wasn't abused, but was not given a lot of attention. I got him and showered him with love and watched him blossom. He is now almost 12 and a great guy!

A few months after I got him I was given a 10 week old Yorkie mix puppy who is now 2 1/2 and is my trick dog. I have trained him to do over 20 tricks so far and working on more. He has a tail, which makes me so very happy. He is my pride and joy and I absolutely adore him.

Then a month ago.... I received a facebook message from a friend who knew someone who was looking for a new home for their Yorkie. When they told me she had a tail, I was sold. LOL. She has seizures, but is on medicine to control them. She came into our lives and WOW, she is wonderful. She was a breeders dog prior to this other lady getting her, she only had her a year, she is 7 years old. She came into our life and I was expecting the others to be jealous, nope, they accepted her immediately. I expected a transition with her and she acted like she has always been with me.

I hope your new girl settles in quickly. It took my first one a little bit to adjust, but he loved the attention so he did adjust fairly quickly. Nothing like my new girl though, she is laying across my chest right now as I type this while my 2 1/2 year old is on the back of the couch and the 12 year old is laying at my feet. This is what they are like when I get home from work. She is my smallest Yorkie at 6 lbs. The 12 year old is 7 lbs and my 2 1/2 year old is 10 lbs. I love the variety in size and color.

Good luck and enjoy your new Yorkie. I am sure she will be wonderful!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!