View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
HannyGee
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default About to own my first Yorkie! Hello everyone!

Hi I'm Hanny, I live in Southern California, retired, sweet gentle dog-loving husband who was literally never allowed to have a dog growing up. In fact until he married me 15 years ago had not even HELD a dog. We have a daughter who is 14, also a quiet and gentle kid who has her own pet, a cat who chooses to never leave my daughter's room, even though the house is open to her. Odd but they are an inseparable pair. I also have a couple cts, and 5 Tortoises who live outside, except for my newborns who live in a rubbermaid container right here in my home office/tea room, ( I am a tea blogger).

So! Our 14 yr old Yorkie-chi rescue mix died last year, ( we always rescue older dogs in need) and we now just have Jen, a 12 yr old Chihuahua, very Zen, very mellow but loves other small dogs on rare occasion when we meet a little dog on one of our short and slow walks.
We lucked out finding a Yorkie breeder who lives some distance away but who has a 2 year old Yorkie, AKC etc who is too big for her to breed at 9 pounds. I guess she already had one litter now those pups are going on 5 pounds at only 13 weeks old. So this wonderful woman who wants very much to do the right thing, decided to find this Yorkie mama a home, so she got her spayed and in a week or two the dog will be coming here. I am guessing, HOPING it will be this weekend. I'd love to be the caretaker for the second week of her recovery, hoping it might be a bonding time.
In any case, name to be decided, but not the name the breeder/owner gave her.
I am curious how she will interact with the cat, who will quickly show her the room is off limits even with the open door, and with my birds.
I am prepared to give up a baby lovebird I've been hand taming the past month if it proves an issue, my canaries too as they are also in the house in a long and low cage.
The new dog has been eating HALO brand Spot's Stew small bites for small breeds, so I bought a ten pound bag of that to start. My chi is on a prescription canned diet for sensitive stomachs that I get from my vet, so that will be another challenge to see how I handle feeding time. Being so used to having two senior dogs who ate the same food was a breeze, this may be a little harder! Anyway, sorry for the long intro! Thanks for reading and wish us luck! We are INSANELY EXCITED.
HannyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!