View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
lilgidget
YT 1000 Club Member

Default PetSmart Training

Well, I'm disappointed. Took Gidget for her first lesson 8/5. There were 2 other dogs there--both lab mix but not huge. Both were 1 yr . Trainer spent most of the time talking and interacting with dogs on a so-so basis. Gave us a lesson to practice the next week--sit and look at me. Last Saturday when I went in there was Gidget and the other 2 dogs from last week. THEN, a woman and her 14 yr old son bounded in with a 7 month old mixed breed that must weigh 50 lbs. or more. She also had her dog in the training area. So now we have 5 dogs and 8 adults in this very small room. Trainer finally had to tie the new dog to a stake that was in the floor just to keep her from lunging at the others. Now, we have 4 dogs ranging from 4 lbs to at least 50 in this small room She did a lot of talking about our next assignment of loose leash walking and sit and greet. Then she took us out into the store for us to find people for our pets to greet. Then, she had us practice llw and she actually took each dog on a separate walk between 2 aisles. I've just sent a msg to PetSmart telling them how disappointed I was in the whole setup. If I had known there would be BIG dogs in that SMALL area for training I would have looked elsewhere. I'm waiting for a response from their Customer Service. Does it look like I might recommend them to any of my friends for dog training? (Just had to vent).
lilgidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!