View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #16
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkster View Post
So the current status is that We have cancelled the appointment for the PRP injection on Monday.
I talked to two other people about the procedure. Both agreed that this will not mend a ligament tear. ONe was the surgical assistant at the practice where his surgery was done last time. She told me that they never use it to repair ligaments. ever.
ANd the difference in HER knowledge alone was a huge wake up call and reminder about why we went with a board certified surgeon last time.
Now I am working on getting him an appointment for a second opinion at the clinic in Grand Rapids mentioned on the thread. I actually had already found that clinic while searching for board certified vets/surgeons. ANd I appreciate you looking up that info too!
Dinky is not being allowed to walk much. He sometimes does not even limp, but his "improvement" reflects the meds and the rest. I'm sure I won't be getting him in until next week.
I will post what happens next.
Thanks all!
Bottom line: PRP is NOT shown to
Thanks for sharing what you have found out! I have not yet heard from my surgeon, but he is a busy man and could be out of the country. I am sure after reading your post and Phil's that he would say no to it.

Good luck with your appointment! Will look forward to an update.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!