View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #52
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNERO4 View Post
Royal Canin on first impressions seems like a smart choice, but upon reading the labels ingredients I believe its mostly meat by-product which isn't so good. I got fooled too and almost bought it since they had products specifically for Yorkshire Terriers.

Wellness is a very good holistic brand. My puppy currently eats the puppy treats by Wellness. That company was also spoken very highly of by my vet.

Personally I feed my puppy Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy dry dog food. She's been on it for 3 months now and has had great progress developmentally.
You are entitled to your opinion. There are people on the internet who call themselves experts on animal nutrition who have led people to believe that reading labels is all you need to do to choose a good dog food. That information is not only false, it is dangerous because some folks refuse to use quality RX foods that would save the lives of their pups.

Royal Canin is a highly reputable company and I would feed their food before feeding most of the "holistic" foods from companies who spend more money advertising "ingredients' over providing good quality control for the foods they sell.

We each must make decisions we feel is best for our pups. I mainly use Hill's Science Diet foods...and use RX foods from Hill's and Purina and I have many pups who are seniors who have lived long lives in spite of having some pretty bad conditions...some congenital..
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!